Saturday, December 11, 2010

This is ridiculous...

I somehow escaped going to a Southern Baptist high school with my brain still intact.  It wasn't but just 2 or 3 years after that, that I finally admitted to the world my atheistic views.  My old high school/church is in the news again for coming up with this brilliant idea.  Grinch Alert  Can you imagine?  How terrible and un-American of people to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" to exclude the other religions at this time of year.  How stupid of them to think other religions have holidays at this time of year too. 

P.S.  I wrote this post yesterday and forgot to post it and then last night we were accosted by a baptist church youth group at this delicious Chinese restaurant where we had dinner, literally tossing tracts on our table.  I dared my husband to inform them we were a table full of freethinkers/atheists, but he didn't want to scare them.  Instead he asked if jesus was REALLY the reason for the season.  They proudly proclaimed yes.  And this is my biggest problem with this religious cult -- they don't know their own religious history. 

No comments: