Sunday, May 13, 2012

Decoupaging My Head!

Untitled
I decoupaged my head!  Hilarious, I know ;)

Actually, I was trying to figure out some way to display my baby headbands at the boutique. I was having quite a fit trying to figure a good way of hanging them up or laying against stuff, and it was not going my way.  Then, after we added new stock to the boutique and ate lunch, my wonderful mother took me to this junkie antique store (the junkier, the better!), where she bought me a child size shabby chic dress form in green in celebration of Mother's Day.  (I love dress forms; they decorate my whole house.)  Isn't she awesome? 

While we were there, I saw someone's booth had glued a styrofoam ball to an empty ribbon spool and spray painted and then used it to display baby head things.  I thought it was a great idea and was going to make a similar thing my self. 
Untitled
Then, at Hobby Lobby, I saw they had these styrofoam heads, and they were fairly small.  However, I wanted to alter it a bit, so I got some scrapbook paper and ripped it up and decoupaged with glossy Modge Podge

I don't think the front view photographed well because you can't really make out the intricacies of it's eyes and nose and mouth.  But, I wanted to share. I do like how it came out.  I think I'm going to embellish it with flowers and/or ribbon to "frou frou" it up a bit in a mixed media/altered art kinda way. 


No comments: