Monday, September 25, 2006

So....a little birthday update

My husband actually called twice to see how my birthday was going (insert confused look here). I really need some smilies to put my funny little emotions to this blog. How it's going? I've had exactly 1 hr and 45 minutes of sleep in the last 36 hours, the 45 minutes was during the time I should have been working today, but I essentially passed out at the keyboard (which incidentally can make some bizarre free association typing appear when you wake up).

Anyway I always hope he does something special, like send me flowers or something. I guess I'm the eternal optimist because he never has before.

Like the year I became a mother, 1999, (don't you men just love that we remember this kinda crap, lol) my daughter was 4 weeks old at my birthday and he gave me a gardening book. I'm sure you're thinking, what is so bad about a gardening book? Well let's just say of all the interests I have, and there are many, gardening is so far down the list, it didn't make the list of the Top 500. I have allergies to pretty much anything that grows outside and is green, so the chance of my gardening is about the same as my owning a cat (and I am pretty much what would you call anaphylatic around cats). I am affectionately known as the "black thumb" in my family, among other things, lol.

So I've gotten pretty close to sewing lately. I actually have pulled the Ottobre mag out of the bookshelf to trace pant patterns for my pantless boy. My sweet 2 yr old owns exactly 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of pajama pants which for the last 3 days I've been switching back and forth during the day. Laundry is also up there with gardening for me. I will give my husband credit for that, he will do loads and loads of laundry -- me, I'm happy to vacuum a floor or clean a toilet any day, but I'd rather just go buy new underwear as opposed to actually wash and fold the laundry.

Off to type a few reports and then I'm eating a birthday cupcake ALONE while playing Word Racer or Literati.

No comments: