Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So...I'm back

Okay I got lazy with blogging, lol. Plus I went back to work as a medical transcriptionist, though I do work from home, sewing has been on the back burner -- with working and being a SAHM and having my house for sale, sewing got left in the dust, lol. But it's time for fall/winter sewing -- ie., my son has no pants and it's cold in the mornings, lol. But I am recommitted! I'm determined to keep this blog updated at least on a weekly basis.

So I took a bit of a break for the whole internet. I do that every couple of years as I get too addicted, lol.

But I'm back blogging, and I'm back on eBay with my sewing patterns. I've been putting off my newest pattern for awhile, but it will be ready by the beginning of October. And soon, very soon, I will be trying to push my little pattern biz a little more. I'm in the middle of press release writing. I really want to move from consumer sales to wholesale/distributor sales.


And I have indoctrinated my daughter into the world of sewing. Grandma and Grandpa got her, her first sewing machine. She has been making little doll blankets and drawstring bags and I just got her her first pattern, I thought a fleece poncho would be pretty easy and first pattern. And she's been wanting a poncho forever. (Incidental note, this pic is her All Around Dancer trophy at the state dance competition. She won in the 5-6 yr olds category and they have to do four different dances - ballet, tap, jazz, and novelty to win. WOOHOO Emma!).

I'm gearing up for a bean bag sew-a-thon this weekend. So hopefully if it goes good, lol, my next blog with have pictures of the new bean bag chairs. My daughter's bean bag she received a couple years ago for her birthday is sadly dying, and my toddler is convinced it is his bean bag chair too, so I am making two to avoid any arguments, lol. I really want to make one of those "love sack" giant bean bag chair/sofa things, whatever they are called, lol. We found a $350 at Costco, but I see Simplicity has a pattern for one, I'm wondering how hard it is to make a giant version or how much the stuffing material cost - yikes!

No comments: