Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Tutorial!! Letter Art Tutorial

For the past couple of days my kids have had to decorate and decoupage composition books for school.  So as I sat at the table supervising adhesive and decoupage, I decided to join in on the fun and get a little project out of the way I've been meaning to do for quite a while. Plus, I needed a reason to try out the super cool PINK Exacto knife I got at Walmart tonight.  It's ergonomic!! And...it was marked down to $7, even though the tag said $10.


The older two kidlets had signs and pictures on their doors, but the baby did not.  I've had these wooden initial letters sitting in my crafting room for what seemed like eternity and thought I should finally put a decoration on her bedroom door.


I made this tutorial up as I went and decided to turn it into a cute little how to for anyone else.  I love, love, love how it came out.  It's super fun and so easy to make.  It will take you less than 30 minutes from beginning to end for one letter.  But, you could do their entire name and be done in an afternoon and have a great wall decoration for a nursery or anyone's room.

Enjoy!! Hopefully that apron tutorial will get itself done this week.  My sewing room is making me feel anxious and overwhelmed.  There is just too much stuff, but I've gotten it down to the minimum I need.  I think I need some more storage for it.  Maybe I can go thrifting this weekend and find something amazing for a bookshelf. 

No comments: