Sunday, December 23, 2012

American Girl Mermaid Tail Sewing Pattern



 The downloadable pattern has finally arrived!  And, it's only $4!  Please head on over to Etsy or Craftsy to download your very own copy.  The pattern is completely digital, which means you print it right from your computer and can get to work as soon as you want!

Click here for Etsy
Click here for Craftsy

You can whip up 2-3 mermaid costume sets with just 1/2 yard of a four-way stretch dancewear fabric.

This is a great last minute gift you can whip up in an afternoon for the little girl in your life who loves American Girl. This is an easy to make tutorial for a mermaid tail and bandeau style top for your American Girl or similar 18 inch doll. It also fit my 18 inch Waldorf style dolls.

Recommended fabrics: dancewear fabrics, four-way stretch lycra and spandex knits.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is fantastic!! I know several girls who are obsessed with AG!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Katie
snaponbuttons.blogspot.com

Sophie said...

Really cool! I had someting like this in mind to match the tale I did for DD this summer, but now you take all the design work out of the guess! I have no excuse to postpone!

DonnaRae said...

Thank you for this! I have a doll that is missing a leg that this will be perfect for. My nieces dog chewed up her favorite dolls leg. This is going to make her so happy. Thanks Again!

DonnaRae said...

Thank you for this! I have a doll that is missing a leg that this will be perfect for. My nieces dog chewed up her favorite dolls leg. This is going to make her so happy. Thanks Again!

renee said...

VERY cool. My daughter is always looking for new things to make for her AG dolls. Thanks a bunch! {via make it monday link}

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

Thanks for linking up on Make it Monday! I've featured it on my FB page! Happy New Year!

Nicole said...

Tok cute! Thanks for stopping by and all the best for 2013!