Friday, January 09, 2009

Can you see me dancing like an idiot?

Yep that's me, dancing out to The Killers Mr Brightside. Wanna know why?? Cuz I have a NEW JOB!!!!!! And it's like a dream job for me. I found it on craigslist...you really can find anything there...I have a new love interest and a job all from craigslist...how cool is that? Go to craigslist...find a life...that should be their slogan I think.

So anyway...I have refused to talk about this job on here because I've come to the conclusion that my blog is a jinx. If I talk about something on here before it officially happens...I can be rest assured with about 99.9% accuracy, it will not happen the way I want it too, lol. But whatever...back to my lovely job.

Ok my new job combines my two loves. Y'all know I'm going back to school for medical technology, right? Didn't I talk about that? I swear I did, but what the hell, I'll explain it again. I'm going to school for medical technology which is a bachelors degree for working in a lab...so I get the medical part without dealing with patients (as I learned in nursing school, I don't like patients, lol). Now my loves are working a lab and breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is my passion in life...I want to educate the western world that formula is not the way to go...but I digress.

Ok now my job...so I am going to be in charge of the pasteurization lab for the Mother's Milk Bank of North Texas. How cool is that? It's part time only on T/Th so I can go to school MWF, but you have no idea how my eyes lit up when I saw this job offer...I had to make it mine. I have always wanted to work with breastfeeding somehow, and now I am. I didn't really want to be a lactation consultant and didn't see a way to work in the breastfeeding world otherwise, so I'm positively thrilled I found this job. They said they would call me by next Wednesday, but this morning I got the call. She loved how passionate I was about breastfeeding, no other job applicant was a breastfeeder....there were people with master's degrees she turned down because of my passion for nursing -- she wanted someone who loved it as much as she did. And she's thinking of letting me even do baby fairs since I have that fire in me, in addition to my job duties. And the other great thing is she basically told me I can give myself whatever title I want for my resume when it's time for me to move on after I graduate from school with my lab degree.

So yay me!!! I'm so excited. Going out to dinner tonight to celebrate...yummy mexican I think.

And just for kicks, here's the song I'm dancing too, lol.

No comments: