Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Review: The Bright Forever


The Bright ForeverThe Bright Forever by Lee Martin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


For fear of giving spoilers away, I can only say this ending made me angry. But...I get too involved with imaginary characters in books. It's that or the mother bear in me came out while reading this book. I just don't know how you could live with yourself everyday for the rest of your life knowing your lack of involvement allowed such a horrible tragedy. Why do people stand idly by while horrific things happen that they could prevent, especially to defenseless children?

While a great read, this is a book I wanted to throw across the room when I was finished. However, I chose to refrain from such vandalism since it was a library book, lol.

The author does an excellent job of building and building the story until you are so heavily involved, you can't bear to not know what happened to the little girl. As you read further into the story, you begin to question your suspicions. I could not guess the culprit until it was revealed. Those are the best kinds of stories.



View all my reviews

No comments: