Friday, July 06, 2012

Review: The Long Earth


The Long Earth
The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I have never read any Terry Pratchett before, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Being a biological and anthropological nerd, I loved the descriptions of the evolutionary differences in this book.

One thing I did wish was that the mystery seemed to have a rather dull climax. These animals are fleeing the earths in one direction, and the reasoning just seems kinda, well, not such a big deal.

I also think the ending could have been woven more into the book. It seems the authors ignore a huge part of the story in regard to the "phobics" and then right at the end they throw them into the book.

I can definitely see this book as a movie with a bunch of the middle thrown out, lol.

Overall, I really enjoyed it.



View all my reviews

No comments: