Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review: The Violets of March


The Violets of March
The Violets of March by Sarah Jio

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Loved, loved, loved this book! It's about a woman going back to the place she loved as a child after an unexpected divorce, where she finds a mysterious diary from 70 years ago that tells a story she soon realizes tells a similar story to her own life. There is mystery, heartbreak, and romance all in one.

This was a definite page turner. I could not put it down. I love books where I fall completely into the story, and this was one of those. I would put the book down and feel a bit of disappointment when I come back to real life. I am so ready to move to Bainbridge Island. It sounds just perfect compared to the current 105 degrees days here in Texas.

I loved the mystery of the diary she finds and discovering things out about herself and others in her life. I also readily identified with her, coming off a divorce and then finding love in an unexpected place. I always enjoy when a love story in a book makes me appreciate and love my husband all the more.

The only part I didn't like was that the witch Emily's husband left her for had my name, lol.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Carole said...

Thanks for linking in. Cheers

Elizabeth said...

Oh....I love books that go back and find diaries and the past.

THANKS.

Stopping by from the Linky List on Carole's Chatter.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com