Sunday, December 23, 2012

Review: The Passage


The Passage
The Passage by Justin Cronin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I was on the request list for this at the library FOREVER, only to be completely disappointed.

It started out with such promise. I was hooked from the first chapter and then....I felt like I was just dumped into a completely different story. Not just into another story, but in the middle of another story. It could not hold my attention.

I hate when a book feels like it starts in the middle of the story and I don't know what is going on and am completely confused, or what's worse is when I can't even figure out how to know what's going on. This happened in this book. I had to stop in the midst of part 2. In fact, I skimmed along quickly to see if I could get more of a better feel for completely different characters who had nothing to do with the beginning of the story. I never could. It just drove me insane. I was really hoping to enjoy this book, but it just couldn't hold my attention. I started to hate coming back to it.



View all my reviews

No comments: