Friday, December 07, 2012

Mermaids!

Gosh, I've been so busy this week and last week. And...it's just crazier next week.
  • I've been helping my dear husband with his Calculus. It's all due tomorrow at midnight, and he still has one more test to take -- EEK! 
  • I finished up three ornaments for two different ornament exchanges earlier this week. I can't wait to share, but I have to wait for them to arrive, so I don't spoil the surprises. 
  • I'm in the midst of finishing up a custom order. 
  • Plus, I had a craft fair this past weekend, which those just kick my rear. 
  • And, my darling 13 yr old has more homework than ever in her classes. Algebra and Pre AP English are kicking her rear. Thank FSM I'm a math whiz around here lately. Seriously, I never realized how helping dh do Calculus the past 2 semesters would perfectly refresh my brain for algebra I tutoring. (And, secretly, it makes me kick myself I didn't major in math.  God, I miss it.  Derivatives are like better than Sudoku for me, right now.  WTH am I thinking that for?)
  • So next week, I had to sign up to work at Mr E's school for the Santa workshop thing.  Kids get to buy gifts for super cheap for their families.  And the PTO moms get to help them shop and wrap the gifts. 
  • And then next Friday dh is finally graduating from college.  Woohoo!  I'm thinking of bringing a cowbell ;P  On a serious note, this is an amazing feat.  My husband, who in the last 2 years has become quite a successful award-winning stockbroker did not graduate from high school.  He dropped out the first semester his senior year, then got his GED.  It is something he has regretted for a long, long time.  He has never walked a stage to to get a diploma or wear a cap and gown. It has been a dream of his for so long.  I am so proud and excited for him.  Now..I just need to think of a super amazing graduation gift. 
  •  Here is something I recently designed.  It took a few tries to get it just perfect, but I love the design of this mermaid tail for American Girl dolls.  I sold quite a few at this past weekend's craft fair.  I was so excited -- little girls were begging their mothers.  I have put a few up in my Etsy store, but will have more colors up this weekend.  I'm thinking of making a pattern for this set.  If that sounds like something you're interested in, post a comment. 

No comments: