Friday, March 29, 2013

Thrift Store Score!

My newest obsession is creating upcycled tiered cake plates. They are great for lots of things -- craft fairs, bathroom counters, party tables -- the list just goes on and on. In looking for more supplies, I swung by the local Goodwill to find candlesticks and plates. (I'm in the middle of finishing another one and then I'll post all about them.)

But while I was there, I spied this dress. Look at this beauty! It's a hand smocked heirloom dress I found. Amazingly, it's in pristine condition. I only paid $4!

It'll be a few years before my youngest can wear it, but I could not pass up such beautiful craftsmanship. Look at those details. The pleating, the smocking, the perfect little bullions. Gorgeous!

Someone's mother or grandmother made this beautiful thing and it ends up at a thrift store. I felt so bad for it. I just had to take it home with me.











No comments: