Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Inside Out Bag

I just love making this bag! I can run to my stash pick up a few prints and it takes almost nothing to sew, just 9 fat quarters, and I can stack, whack, and start sewing in minutes and it's done in about an hour. And I can make it any size from big to small just by increasing or decreasing the size of the squares. But most of all I love that it's....REVERSIBLE!! I have several myself, I use them for going to the library, stuffed with towels and sunscreen for the sprayground (if you do not know what a sprayground is, it's like a water park wrapped up in a little playground, they are building them everywhere), and packed full for kid night at grandma's house.

So Em's teacher left in December to have a baby and we got a new teacher and I had not had the opportunity to sew for her yet, so it was Teacher Appreciation last week and I sent Em to school with this funky reversible bag. The colors kinda look yucky in the pictures, but they aren't "neon" as the pictures show. I added some ribbon wrapped yummy soaps from Tami's Soap. Her soap is my absolute favorite. A little known secret is when she has leftover odd size bars you can buy by the pound, I buy up a few pounds and keep them tucked away for gifts because you get all kinds of different scents.

And...I put one of my cool tags on it too, lol. I love adding these little hang tags and making them too, since it's an art project all into itself. Here's a close up since I think they're so cool, lol. This one is a funky chick with rainbow pigtails and a rainbow felt bead head and a little tote bag on her arm. I thought I had made a tutorial for these hang tags....but the pictures came out terrible (I am in dire need of a new camera), so I'm going to reshoot another one with better pics and put it up this week. These are fun for you to make with your kids too.

No comments: