Thursday, May 24, 2007

Yummy Yummy

So gosh, a few years ago Kraft Foods had this online thing where you signed up and got a big box of free food samples. So I signed up back then and ever since I've been getting their Kraft foods magazine, and it's full of recipes. Well I got one the other day and I was flipping through it at breakfast this morning and it had all kinds of yummy stuff, and I just loved the look of the Rustic Tart. So I made one today a little different and oh my gosh...it's heavenly. It takes no time to make. My entire family devoured it after dinner tonight. Here's my recipe:

1 ready bake pie crust
about 3 nectarines (peaches or plums)
4 oz of cream cheese
1 tbs sugar
sugar/cinnamon mixture
2 tsp flour

Preheat oven to 425. Grease pie plate. Lay pie crust in pie plate. Take softened 4 oz cream cheese and mix with 1 tbs of sugar. Spread in middle of pie crust, about 6-7 inches in diameter (I spread mine about a quarter inch thick). Slice up fruit, mix up in a bowel with cinnamon/sugar mixture and 2 tbs of flour. Pour fruit into tart and then fold down the sides of the pie crust onto the fruit. Bake for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. And...voila! You have a wonderfully yummy dessert.

No comments: