Thursday, June 12, 2008

Is it difficult to work "sewing machine" into a song?

So as from previous posts, I am known to be obsessed with Jason Mraz music. I just love his lyrics, they are so different and refreshing from the typical pop music. Anyway, I got his new album a couple weeks ago off iTunes and I love it. I think it is his best one yet and its feels totally different from his other 2. And it has a lot of the songs he's only performed live before - if you buy the one with the bonus tracks - which I can't recommend enough, songs I love you can never find except on bad recordings on YouTube, lol.

Seriously, how many songs have you heard sewing machine worked into it? When I first heard this song, my ears perked at those words, lol.

Anyway, this one is called Details in the Fabric. I think previously it had been called Sewing Machine years ago. It's really good, mellow, and makes me feel better when I'm having a crappy day kinda song. The album version has it beginning and ending with answering machine messages from a friend of his. I think the best quote I've heard in a long time is the last message at the end of the song where his friend tells him he's an "island of reality in an ocean of diarrhea".



And this one, Make It Mine, is my other absolute favorite song. I have an incredible urge to dance everytime I hear it, lol. This acoustical version is great, but I love the album version a little more. It helps that my kids love it too and request it 50 million times in the car. I love this quote from the beginning of the song, "Wake up everyone. How can you sleep at a time like this, unless the dreamer is the real you."

No comments: