Sunday, July 20, 2008

Flea Market Fun


So I had my husband tell my MIL not to come this weekend as we had an awful stomach bug or food poisoning or something horrific. After swimming on Wednesday, we went to Burger King and 30 minutes after eating I was the first one hit. We all ate exactly the same thing, so I think it was food poisoning because my husband never got it. The three of us became intimately close with the bathroom. It will be a good long while before I go back to that Burger King. We finally got over it by Friday night, so we decided to go to Third Monday's in McKinney. It's a lot like Canton's First Monday, but not as HUGE and of course it's on the weekend of the third Monday.


My mom wants to do craft fairs with me, so she wanted me to scope out Third Monday's to see if it was something we could do. So we got there in the afternoon and it was HOT. Crap, I forget how hot it gets here in TX summer hell as I avoid anything that doesn't include air conditioning. It was 104 according to the car temperature. So we lasted about 2 hours. But I found some lovely vintage pillowcases that were embroidered, and a little teapot cozy or toaster cozy, I'm not sure which, but it was embroidered beautifully I had to get it. This lady had a pile of all kinds of vintage linens for $2.50 all you can stuff in a bag, so I filled a bag of lovely embroidered things. I'll post pictures in a little while. Right now I'm on a cleaning break. We are about to head in Ms. Em's room to clean.

After the flea market, we headed down to the giant asian supermarket. We love that place. It is the cheapest place to buy Sesame Oil and Soy Sauce. (We eat a lot of stir fry and mongolian bbq we fix at home.) And my children loves these marble soft drinks. They are called Ramune, and there is a marble at the top that you push down when you open it and it rolls around the neck. It can't come out and you can't swallow it. Our favorites so far are Pineapple and Orange, and the Orange flavor tastes like sweettarts. I was starving since I hadn't eaten much since I've been sick, so I found right outside the grocery store there is this Japanese crepe store called Crepes for U. I've had crepes in Paris, France, but this was wonderful. They make it fresh while you watch. So I got the Romeo - it was fresh sliced strawberries, cream, and chocolate sauce and then he wraps it up in a cone and you eat it. So yummy! We are definitely going back. You can even get ice cream in your crepe.

Then across the street was one of the few 3-D movie theaters in Dallas to see Journey to the Center of the Earth. It was sold out and we luckily got some of the last good seats. It was so good, a great family movie. You have to see it in 3-D, there are some parts where we jumped out of our seats.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

The marble thing is weird, but cool! Nothing like a good day at the flea market!

Anonymous said...

"Flea Market Fun" is right - we love these markets. If you find the right one then they are good as gold. Some good finds for you I think.