Monday, October 02, 2006

Stupid Sock Creatures and Blink-182


Is this not one scary looking book? I discovered this book at an online fabric store - they wanted $30 bucks for it, but I found it at Amazon.com for about $10. I had a couple of $10 gf from Amazon.com sitting there from doing surveys (there's a website I found a couple years ago that gives you $10 to amazon for filling ou their surveys) and I bought it. I can't wait to get it and make some of them. It looks kinda freaky, just my style, to scare the hell out of my children.


And my current musical obsession is Blink-182. I'm not sure what my deal is, but one of their songs popped in my head the other day, I Miss You, so I bought their greatest hit album on iTunes and I burned a CD and it's all I've been listening to for three days in the car. It's driving my 7 yr old crazy, lol. But it's really good, I know a lot of people think they are some kind of bubblegum punk thing, but I like 'em. I wish they hadn't broke up, but I was listening to +44 the other day, Mark Hoppus's new band. They're coming to Dallas next month, I wonder if I can convince my husband to go to the Gypsy Tea Room with me, lol - I doubt it.

If there's one thing I've learned in 10 years of marriage -- don't marry someone significantly older than you. He's almost 43, I just turned 30, and I wanna have fun, and he wants to either watch tv or sleep. He's ready to start wrapping up his life and stop having children. Hello? I just got here, I'm not ready to join him in his old age. It's so funny, when you're 18-19 yrs old, you think you know what you want and your parents are idiots, but it's amazing how much clearer you know what you want when you're 25 and what an idiot you were at 18-19. Can I have a do over??

No comments: