Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mr. Brooks

I forgot to post earlier, but my wedding anniversary was last Friday, 6/8, we've been married 11 years. Wow, just looking at that number, I can't believe it's been that long, I still feel like I'm 15 yrs old and can't believe I'm a mother, but that's another post, lol. Anyway, my MIL came down from OK to have a fun weekend with the kids and let us go out. We went to see Mr. Brooks at the movies, then we took everyone out to IHOP, my MIL has never been to IHOP and has been dying to go. I got the stuffed vanilla custard french toast -- I was worried it would be yucky, but it was absolutely heavenly covered in strawberries. Yum!

Anyway, back to Mr. Brooks -- great movie!! I love movies that I can't figure out, and this was one of those. He's a serial killer who's tormented and addicted to killing. It seems like Hollywood is always making cookie cutter movies that you can figure out how it ends, but not this one. It was very good, very suspenseful, and the twists at the end were great and unexpected. But I usually like Kevin Costern movies. Dh and I really enjoyed The Postman years ago, and I still can't figure out why people hated that one -- it was very long, but it was one of those movies that I didn't want to end, I wanted more of the story, Mr. Brooks was like that too.

No comments: