Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Embroidered Treasures

And now a sewing book review. I picked up the most adorable embroidery book today at Half Price Books (have I told you am I addicted to that place? my husband has to usually drag me out, lol). And I can't wait to get started on the projects in it! It was only $9.95 there, but I did fint it online at www.bn.com for $19.95 for new and like $2.50 for used - wow!

It has all kinds of kids projects and includes the patterns for making all the projects from baby shoes to dolls. I got it mostly for the just so cute pirate puppets ;) . And it has great close up pictures of embroidery stitches for those of us who are visual learners (me!). I can do a tiny bit of embroidery stitches but this book really shows you how to do some neat stitches like a flower stitch along a pillowcase edge. My other fave is the vintage dolls. I love their little dresses and embroidered faces - so cute!

Ok I had my fun, now I'm really, really going back to work. I'm taking a little break for my whopping 75 reports. This doctor drives me nuts, he can be very longwinded. I'm gonna be here til morning if I don't get my rear in gear.

No comments: