Sunday, December 09, 2007

Mini Mitten

Well I finally finished all the hats, so I'm onto the mittens and decided to create my own pattern, so here it is. I'm doing this from memory of creating the first one, so this is a tentative pattern, after I make the next one, I'll correct it in case I wrote something wrong, and I'll post a picture of one of mine.

Mini Mittens

Sport weight yarn
E size crochet hook

Ribbing:
Color #1:
Row #1 - ch 5, skip 1st ch, then sc in 4 chs, ch 1 and turn
Row #2-#14 - sk ch, then sc in back loop only 4 st, ch 1 and turn
Row #15 - sk ch, then sc in back loop only 4 st
- line up Row #1 and Row #15 and sl st together to form a ring.

Hat Body:
Color #2
Row #1 - Sc all the way around the top of the ring of ribbing, then sl st
Row #2 - dc and inc every other stitch to double the stitches, then sl st
Row #3 - Skip 7 stitches (for thumb hole), and dc directly across to next st, then dc for 3 st and inc at every 4th st, sl st
Row #4- Dc, inc every 4th st, sl st
Row #5-#6 - Dc, dec every 3rd sttich, then sl st the top closed.

Thumb
Row #4 - Dc, dec every 4th st, sl st
Row #5 - Dc, dec every 3rd st, sl st the top closed


I'm off to go shopping, first to the Hanna Andersson store at the mall for some undies for my child who will only wear HA undies. I created a monster when she was a toddler, lol. And then to my favorite place - Half Price Books - to stock up on some fiction for moi! But first we have to wait for the Dallas Cowboy game to finish before my dear football-addicted husband can leave the house, lol.

No comments: