Monday, March 31, 2008

Almost to the 200th post

I'm going to try to get a little box of crafty goodies and fabric and have a little contest by the end of the week to celebrate my 200th post. My blog has grown so much this year, and I'm so thrilled. I cannot wait to finish my school in the next 2 months so I can go back to my crafting and sewing and clean out my sewing stuff and create my tiny little craft room in my vanity. I'm hoping to get an Esty shop up and running this summer too.

I'm working on a dying tutorial but I have to wait for the finished products for pictures before I can put it up here. I love to dye fabric and clothes and it's so easy with supplies you can buy at the fabric store or Walmart, but not that yucky Rit dye stuff. It's a wonderful way to make one of a kind fabrics.

And last but not least, I watched The Mist today. This is the one based on a Stephen King novella. OMG! You have to see this if you like thought provoking scary movies. I thought this would be a typical horror movie, so I really wasn't into seeing at the theater, so I rented it. But it's not a typical horror movie, but I probably should have figured that out since it was based on something Stephen King wrote. It's very scary, like edge of your seat...I Am Legend kind of scary (sheesh wasn't I Am Legend scary? I felt stressed out after that movie). There are these horrible creatures in the mist and these people are trapped in a grocery store, and one of them is a crazy religious zealot who is quickly turning most of the people into her little cult. Just about anyone who goes out in the mist dies from these horrid creatures, they hear screams and sometimes they can see the bloody bodies. Without giving too much away, I have a very vivid imagination and what scared me so much was that you can see yourself in their situation with complete and total hopelessness with no way out of the mist.

No comments: