Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Simpsonize Me!

I love the Simpons, so I had to go Simpsonize myself. So here I am. I stuck my little buddy shot version in my profile.



And to be a little more sewing related, I'm working on a few things. One is a new bag pattern for my collection of sewing patterns. I'm tentatively calling it The Gyspy Bag. I'm going to have some sneak peek pictures up soon of it. I'm also working on updating my patterns webpage and I'm in the middle of turning my popular Diva Mommy Tote pattern into a downloadable PDF file. You will have to tape the pattern together when you print it off, but it's a lot quicker than waiting for the mail to arrive.

And to move to something completely unrelated, I finished Wicked over the weekend. Someone told me it was a difficult read, but I disagree. I couldn't put it down. It was so well written, I kept wondering what would happen next, and every time I crawled in bed to read it, I felt myself drawn back into the world of Oz and reluctant to leave. I also heard long ago it was "a little different" than the musical. Uh, no, it's completely different. The musical is like a paragraph of the book, and it goes in a completely different direction. They are hardly alike except they have the same characters. I love the musical and I think it's the best I have ever seen, but I really loved reading the book. You know when you read a book and you are just hungry to read more, but you don't want it to end? That was how I felt about Wicked (and The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold). I've already started on Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister and I have a hard time putting it down too. Gregory Maguire is just a wonderful writer. I wish I knew how to weave stories the way he does.

No comments: