Thursday, August 07, 2008

Free Day for Mommy

So today we got up early (as in before 2 in the afternoon, as we are a family of vampires), and met Gramma halfway between our homes at a cute little scrapbook store, and she took the kidlets all day to do fun stuff. They were not sure if they were going to spend the night, but decided they couldn't live without me, so we met again at 10:30 tonight for the pick up.

So first we met at this scrapbook store, Gotta Scrap. It's in Rockwall, if you are in the Dallas area. I love that store! They have such great product lines, and....they have Art Girlz stuff! I don't have to order it online anymore. And you know the adorable sock monkey fabrics from Moda? Did you know they made it in a scrapbook paper line too? I didn't, but I had to buy it. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it...But I spent mucho dinero in that store, and that didn't include the jewerly making class my mom and I are taking together in a couple of weeks. I can't wait, you make a cute little bookmark and an adorable bracelet.


Ms Em is obsessed with anything related to Ripley's Believe It or Not and Guiness Book of World Records, so Gramma took them to the Ripley's/Wax Museum. They got their own wax hands made, which I think are totally cool. Mr E chose 2 colors while Ms Em just wanted one. It was a big day, so he was already asleep before I could snap a picture.

But I had the rest of the day to myself, so I did a little clothing shopping for me. Isn't it great when you have a dressing room all to yourself and no one is there to crawl under the other stalls to scare the crap out of customers?

Then I picked up an online order of some cute postcards at Kinko's for my rustic tart recipe to send in a recipe postcard swap over at swap-bot. The front is a picture of the tart itself and the back is my recipe I'm handwriting - which I have to do 7 times which is a bit of a hand killer, writing so small, lol. Oh, and if you homeschool, get yourself a Kinko's educator savings card, I think it's a 15% discount.

Then I went home and worked a little and took a very long nap, where nobody woke me up and I could watch whatever TV show I wanted. If I hadn't been so tired, I would have worked on a new tutorial I'm slowly finishing on how to make a pattern from your favorite shirt, but I just couldn't stay awake, lol.

No comments: