Monday, August 18, 2008

Paper Dress


I signed up over at swap-bot for a paper dress swap. It looked like fun, but I had never made one before and was a bit worried it would end up hard to make, so I made a practice paper dress last night during a bout of insomnia to see how difficult this task would be, and it's so much fun! I even made a little wire hanger to put it on. I needed a thicker wire so it would be a bit sturdier, but all I had was 26 gauge, and its doing ok, but next time I'm using 20 or 22 gauge. This one was so much fun, I plan on making a few more and creating a little paper dress garland to hang above my corkboard to dress up my crafting studio.

If you haven't read any of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, you have to read it. I was skeptical over the whole vampire love story thing, especially since it was targeted for "young adult" because those kinda books usually just aren't my thing, even when I was the target age of young adult books, I had already moved to adult books, but this book is addictive, so addictive, I read 200 pages last night and forced myself to go to bed. If I didn't have children, I would have read the entire thing in one sitting, it was that good. It's a hard book to pull away from....so I plan to finish it tonight, and I already purchased the second book so I don't have to wait after finishing the first one. I am now dying to see the movie.

And I went to my jewerly making class yesterday. It was fun, and I finally learned how to do crimp beads. I made an awesome beaded bookmark and bought extra bookmarks to make even more, and I made a pretty bracelet. I'll post pictures later tonight or tomorrow after I finish my work.

No comments: