Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Twilight Obsession

I have been sick for 2 weeks with some kind of horrific bronchitis that I think is bordering on pneumonia. I just switched antibiotics at the doctor yesterday and now I'm an another one for 2 whole weeks. So...I'm exhausted and basically work and crawl into bed with books. I barely have the energy to fix my children meals and their dad is on a week long business trip in Newfoundland.

So since Sunday, when I picked up Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, I have become somewhat obsessed with this series. I read Twilight in a day and a half and I was like a drug addict - I had to read the rest of the story. Right. Now. So I forced myself to wait until Tuesday to go to Walmart of all places, and bought New Moon and Eclipse, books 2 and 3. I started New Moon last night and finished it earlier today. It was so good!! And now I can't wait to read what happens next in book 3.

So, tonight I finally found book 4, Breaking Dawn, at Target and picked it up. I am itching to get through Eclipse because I've read the spoilers online and know what's going to happen in Breaking Dawn and I can't wait!! I don't know what I'm going to do after I finish the last one. Hopefully, it will have some closure or I'm going to go nuts until November when the movie comes out.

I have never felt this way about a book or series before. I loved reading The Time Traveler's Wife, and I put it down frequently because I wanted to savor it and knew it would soon end, but this has really turned into a drug, I can't put the books down.

It's so embarassing. I think my obsession is because it is so easy to fall inside the story in just a matter of words. Don't you just love it when you fall into a story so quickly?? I don't know, I have never met anyone else who does that. Of course, I've never really met anyone who was as big of a bookworm as me either. My family looks at me like I have 3 heads when I ask them if they ever fall into a book or a movie and everything around them disappears. They have no idea what I'm talking about. Does anybody else do this or am I really that crazy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly my story. I started Twilight on day 2 of strep, and was begging my husband for New Moon by day 4. I had to wait for Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. It was hard but I made it. I highly recommend going to Stephanie Meyer's site and read the start of "Midnight Sun". Warning, it leaves you hanging.

stephanna1 said...

i have the same story i read Twilight in one day, and am strangely obsessed with it. I haven't went out and bought New Moon and im debating if i should i did my research on the internet and there are a surprisingly amount of people who are obsessed with this series to the point where im wondering if it healthy mentally? So its still up in the air if i'll read the rest of the series dont get me wrong i want too but i dont like feeling like im addicted to it, its a little pain full. Does anyone know what im talking about?