Monday, February 18, 2008

Jumper is a horrific movie

I thought this looked like a cool movie in the trailers, and we actually wasted a "date" out of it. My parents came over to babysit and we went out to lunch and to see Jumper as a matinee - thank goodness we didn't pay full price for that crap. I'd like my $6.50 and 90 minutes back.

For once, I found the reviews to be accurate. It had hardly any plot. They explained nothing in this movie. He ran away from home, 8 years later suddenly decides to go back to find the girl he loved in high school - no explanation. It made no sense why these people - these "paladin" were chasing and trying to kill the "jumpers" and they've been doing it for hundreds of years - no explanation. I think they spent most of the money on special effects instead of a script.

I don't think I haver ever wanted to walk out of a movie before, but I was tempted to on this one. My husband was happy to find a nice dark cozy place to sleep, so he didn't want to leave. It was so boring, I fell asleep many, many times, and though I tried to stay awake to watch it, I couldn't. It could not hold my attention. There was no big climax, nothing.

It was bad, really bad. I can't think of a movie that was this bad we've seen in years. Don't waste your money.

I'm curious to read the book it was based on, I bet it has a plot.

One good thing, we went to Ruby Tuesday and it was YUMMY. I love their strawberry lemonade.

No comments: