Sunday, February 03, 2008

Well...I'm not sure what to do

So it's 4 AM here, and I'm awake because of my neighbors. Why you ask? Because apparently they decided to have a party until 4 AM and one of their "guests" thought it would be great fun to run up and down our street peeling his tires over and over. I'm sure he had great thrills with me standing on my porch with all the lights on staring them down. I just needed a mud mask and one of my husband's rifles to complete the look.

Up until a year or so ago, this was a quiet neighborhood, then I started to notice that it seemed only a young girl lived diagonal to us. They had a fire a couple years ago and I'm not sure what happened because we were out of town at the time. But it took almost a year to rebuild it and then I never saw anyone but her and stupid teenagers around - ever after that. The yard was rarely mowed lately, and now there are literally trash bags of clothing sitting on the porch (and we're not talking Salvation Army pick up). This stuff has been there for at least a month now. And this girl now has parties all week long. They now have a band that practices all hours of the day and night. My husband has had to bang on the door at 1 AM to shut them up.

I've begun to keep a record of each instance of this crap.

So tonight I got pissed and decided to "investigate". And according to the tax records apparently this home belongs to a 75 year old woman. Now there is no record of her death, so maybe they killed her and moved in ala Charles Manson and his family or maybe she's been shipped off to the nursing home and the granddaughter has moved in. I don't know. So I've decided from now on I'm going to call the cops any time they have a party.

Weird thing was, when my husband went over in the middle of the night, there was no furniture anywhere he could see in the house. I'm starting to suspect drugs or something.

But I've also noticed that if the old lady no longer lives there, she is illegaling claiming homestead and senior citizen exemptions on her property taxes.

Anyway, I'm pissed because now my 4 yr old is wide awake too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, hugs to you for having to handle all this at this hour. It's not fun if you are not the type who naturally gets up at 4 like me...

Do you live where there are ordinances on how late you can be loud? Some places have a 10 pm sound ordinance - used that on some obnoxious neighbors in a townhouse complex once and got the cops out.
You could always turn it around on them and start playing music at 7 am if you are the retaliating sort. At the very least, it sounds like the cops could be called for the car thing and disturbing the peace.
As far as the tax thing, contact the city to investigate that, as they are the ones losing money if taxes are being evaded - it would be in their best interest to know what is going on there.

Hugs again.....