Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Waldorf Dolls - where to get wool stuffing

It's so yummy to get wool stuffing in the mail, lol. I had some arrive a few days ago. It comes from Amish country.

I've been running low on wool stuffing for awhile now since I don't make a ton of waldorf dolls much anymore and I've needed some more so I can take pictures of my fairy ears and wings tutorial for a waldorf doll. So I thought I would share my not-not-so-well-known source for wool stuffing. It's not really a secret, but it is not well known either. This place is cheap. I think it's around $7 for 1 pound. I just ordered only 2 pounds this time and it was about $20 including shipping. I know most online places charge about $12 for 1 lb, so this is pretty good savings. I've been using them for years and have always had excellentn and prompt service.

They also have wool roving in natural and colors. My husband called my order in for me (because I have this phobia of telephone calls, lol), and he's not here to remind me how much the roving is so I can't tell you. I've never purchased it, but the price seemed pretty reasonable as well. I used to buy wool roving from eBay to make wool balls, and I bought it from a lady who called it "dragon waste". It came in all kinds of cool colors, but she doesn't sell it anymore. It was such nice stuff....I digress.

Anyway, the man who sells it sells it for the Amish from what I remember, since they can't exactlly take phone orders, lol. And they take credit cards too!

West Earl Woolen Mill
110 Cocalico Creek Rd
Ephrata, PA 17522
717-859-2241.
100% Peruvian wool batting, wool roving

No comments: