Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Yummy Landscapes Yarn

I love this yarn. It felts wonderfully, especially to do my pincushion tutorial. I was at Hancock Fabrics today and they had a ton of yarn on clearance 40-50% off. And this one was 50% off in all the colorways, which makes it about $3.00/skein. They had some other wool and wool blend yarns on clearance as well. And, I found bags of colored 100% wool roving for 40% off in the same clearance section.
This is a Lion's brand yarn similar to the Landscapes yarns, but these came in solid pastels. I made this for my mom for Christmas. I also made Mr. E a matching one in plum color in a vintage wool yarn I had from my grandmother's stash.

And on another completely different tangent, have you seen Stylicious on DIY? I don't know if they are still on the air, I just caught it very, very late last night. Can anyone stand watching it? I don't quite get the women on the show -- seriously, they act and attempt to look like 8 yr olds. It was like a bad car wreck, I wanted to change the channel, but I was in awe that someone at DIY actually greenlighted this show with these hosts, and they were allowed to banter like children, which I think was an attempt to get closer to the 20-something crowd. It was very weird to say the least.

No comments: