Monday, August 20, 2007

My 100th Post!! And it's about that stupid a/c

Woohoo!! Party time!! It's my 100th post and it's about that damn air conditioner. This will be my last post on that stupid thing.

So we were gone all weekend long, dh met me and the kids right after the a/c was installed Friday and we didn't get hom until Sunday night. And then dh realizes, the night before Em's first day of school, they didn't light the pilot light for the gas hot water heater and furnace after they installed the a/c, so he goes to do it and turns the gas on and suddenly the entire house suddenly smells of gas so much I get a headache. I freaked out and took the kids and the dog outside, because there's no sense in all of us blowing up.

So...after it won't light TWICE, he finally notices the giant pipe of gas that is not hooked up to anything is essentiallly pouring out of it. I'm surprised honestly he didn't blow himself up. He turns it off and we call the a/c people at 10 o'clock at night. They said they were sending someone right then, but at 1 AM when still no one is here, we go to bed. And they finally call at 8 AM this morning, didn't bother to let us know last night while we sat up and waited and waited and waited. Isn't that just great?

So I had to boil water on the stove so Em could take a hot bath before bed. And today was her first day of 3rd grade. She goes to a very small school, there's about 100 kids in the whole school. We've had a little problew with the clique of girls in her class. There is a ringleader who drives me insane. Last year in 2nd grade, she told my child that she doesn't eat for 2 weeks a time, and so my child thought she should try that too. Then later in the year, she felt she was so popular that she was going to require appointments for the other girls to play with her. My child told me this and said Friday was her day. I'm sure the teachers are thrilled when I tell them these things. Needless to say, I've been seriously considered pulling her out due to this little ringleader and clique, but she loves it there and the academics are so wonderful, you can work as far ahead and you want, so Em was doing a lot of third and fourth grade work last year in 2nd grade. But today there were 2 new girls in the class, so I'm hoping there will be better girls to play with.

Tomorrow is Mr. E's first day of preschool. I'm hoping he'll do okay, he is a bit scared about it. He somehow lucked out and got the only preschool classroom that is literally next door to Em's classroom. The rest of the preschool is in a completely other building. He says he's going to go talk to his sister, so I'm not sure how well this will be, lol.

No comments: